we are very pleased about your interest in being part of the opening committee at the Opera Ball 2024!
The Opera Ball will take place on 8 February 2024 and the dress rehearsal on 7 February 2024. The other rehearsal dates are: 21, 27, 28 January (for people from Vienna, Lower Austria, Burgenland, Linz and Wels) and 3 & 4 February (for all). Please note that participation in your assigned rehearsals is mandatory to be part of the opening committee!
The audition for all dance couples from Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland will take place on 21 October 2023 at the Vienna State Opera - you will receive an invitation by email after reviewing all application documents. All applicants, both those who have auditioned and those who come from other provinces or from abroad and therefore could not attend the audition, will be informed by e-mail a few weeks after the audition whether they may open the Vienna Opera Ball 2024 as part of the Young Ladies' and Young Gentlemen's Committee.
We ask for your understanding that we must reserve the right to exclude couples from the opening committee who have not auditioned and who do not meet the necessary dance requirements (very good left-hand waltz skills) during the rehearsals, despite having previously agreed to do so.
- Registration is only possible in pairs (ladies & men's position)
- Cost per committee ticket: 130,- €
- Compulsory dress code at the Opera Ball for debutantes (more detailed information under »Make your debut at the Vienna Opera Ball«).:
- Lady's position: pure white ball gown (without hoop skirt & glitter, no traditional costume), pure white - front-closed - shoes, white gloves up to the elbow, Hairstyle in which the tiara can be incorporated without slipping, long hair must be worn pinned up
- Man's position: black tailcoat, white waistcoat, white bow tie, white gloves, black patent leather shoes, no open, long hair
- Both Lady’s and Man’s position: no striking hair colours, no hair ornaments, no prominent piercings and conspicuous tattoos, no headgear
The assignment of the dancing couples to the rehearsal dates is done according to the place of residence of the ladies' position.
All submitted data will be treated confidentially. The data is used in accordance with existing data protection law.
Further information on data protection can be found in the data protection declaration at www.wiener-staatsoper.at/footer/sub/datenschutzerklaerung/