Make Your Debut At The Vienna Opera Ball
Year after year, the entry of the Young Ladies' and Young Gentlemen's Committee is one of the highlights of the Opera Ball and at the same time the opening of a glittering ball night. Around 150 dancing couples aged at least 18 and no more than 25 spend months looking forward to this moment: to enter the most beautiful ballroom in the world in a festive snow-white evening gown or tailcoat! This is how you can apply to be a debutante of the Vienna Opera Ball:
To be admitted to the Young Ladies' and Young Gentlemen's Committee, the following requirements must be met:
- you have very good left-turn waltzing skills
- you are between 18 and 25 years old
- you have never opened the Vienna Opera Ball before (opening is only possible once)
We are looking forward to receiving your application (with CV, photos and size information) from 15 July to 9 September 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
(Applications after this date will not be considered).
Please understand that preference will be given to applications from dance couples.
Individual applications can only be considered in exceptional cases.
All applicants, both those who have auditioned and those who come from the other provinces or from abroad, will be informed by e-mail a few weeks after the audition whether they may open the Vienna Opera Ball 2023 as part of the Young Ladies' and Young Men's Committee.
Opera Ball ticket and debutants office
A Hanuschgasse 3, Ground floor, room 111, 1010 Vienna
A committee ticket for the Vienna Opera Ball 2023 costs € 120.
With the confirmation email, the debutants will receive all information regarding rehearsal dates and the collection of the committee tickets.
During the preparation phase the following rehearsals will take place at the Wiener Staatsoper:
- 3 rehearsals in Vienna for couples from Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland.
- 1 rehearsal in Vienna for couples from the provinces (not from Vienna, Lower Austria and Burgenland)
- 1 rehearsal for international couples
- 2 main rehearsals for all in the Gustav-Mahler-Saal of the Vienna State Opera
- Dress rehearsal for all on Wednesday, 15 February 2023 (in the Ballroom of the Vienna State Opera)
DRESS CODE FOR REHEARSALS
Ladies: black skirt, white blouse, skin-coloured stockings, shoes without rubber soles
Gentlemen: black suit, white shirt, tie, shoes without rubber soles
- white ball gown (without hoop skirt, without glittering applications)
- white gloves up to the elbow
- light-coloured shoes (white, silver, gold, rose gold, nude)
- necklaces only very thin/decent (preferably pearls, or transparent stones. NO wristwatch)
- compulsory for all debutantes: pinned-up ball hairstyle
- black tailcoat
- white waistcoat
- white gloves
- white bow tie
- black patent leather shoes
- black socks
- NO pocketkerchief, NO wristwatch - pocket watch allowed
- no visible piercings or tattoos
- no conspicuous hair colours