Buy and order tickets
COVID-19 Safety Measures
The Wiener Staatsoper will start its season as planned on September 7, of course in compliance with necessary security regulations.
In case of cancellation, tickets will be refunded.
Please observe the following COVID-19 prevention measures for your visit of the Vienna State Opera:
- The number of available seatings has been reduced.
- A maximum of 4 visitors belonging to one visitor group may sit next to each other
- You cannot switch your seat.
- Free seats are necessary to maintain the safety distance.
- In case of a Corona Cluster, the identity of the ticket holder attending the perfomance must be disclosed upon request of the Medical Authorities by the ticket purchaser
- As a measure of COVID-19 prevention, standing room cannot be offered until further notice
- Please use the entrance printed on your ticket -The name of the purchaser is printed on all tickets.
- Please use the hand disinfectant dispenser
- The Vienna State Opera accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with the rules of conduct and security measures
- Any changes of these regulations will be announced online at wiener-staatsoper.at
Booking for all performances of a given season opens as soon as the season preview has been published (early April).
Please address written ticket orders to: Bestellbüro der Wiener Staatsoper, Opernring 2, 1010 Vienna, fax to +43-1-51444-2969 or send an email to kartenvertrieb.please.do.not.spam.this.email.address.thankyou(at).foo.bar.com.wiener-staatsoper.at. Once you have been assigned your tickets, you will get a confirmation indicating the date by which payment must be made.
If you hold a BundestheaterCard featuring a direct debit function, the ticket price will be debited to the account no earlier than nine weeks before the performance date.
As soon as the season preview has been published, you can also order tickets on the Internet. Go to »Schedule«, select the performance you want and click on »Buy Tickets«, to enter your ticket request and payment method. Once you have been assigned your tickets, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail indicating the date by which payment must be made.
Booking for all performances of a given season opens as soon as the season preview has been published (early April). Please use the order form in all cases, otherwise we cannot process your order.
You have the following options to send in your order:
- In writing
The order form is available at the box office (Kassenhalle der Bundestheater) and in the Service Center of the Vienna State Opera. You can hand it in personally or send it by the following means:
- by e-mail: scanned order form to kartenvertrieb(at)wiener-staatsoper.at
- by post: filled-in order form to
- by telefax: filled-in order from to +43 1 514442969
After processing your order successfully, we will send you a confirmation of your reservation.
Please understand that we can only process your orders with a completely filled out order form.
For further questions, please contact us by e-mail at information(at)wiener-staatsoper.at.
You can buy remaining non-assigned tickets directly at our ticket offices, on the Internet or via telephone using a credit card +43-1-513 1 513 (Mon - Sun: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; American Express, Diners Club, Visa, MasterCard, Eurocard and JCB Card).
Bookings usually open 2 months ahead of the date of the performance (for instance on 1 September for 1 November, on 30 September for 30 November, but note that performances from 1 to 30 September can only be booked from 1 to 30 May, and performances from 1 to 31 October from 1 to 30 June respectively).
For all performances other than premières, 31 December and Wagner’s Ring cycle performances, no fewer than 25 and up to 100 tickets are allocated for children under the age of 14 (photo ID required). These tickets can be purchased for a flat price of € 15 (regardless of the price category selected). When ordering tickets, please state the number of children’s tickets you would like, or purchase children’s tickets directly at the ticket offices. Please note that, without exception, the actual ticket can only be picked up at the evening box office no later than 20 minutes before curtain on the day of the performance, always provided that the child attends the performance.
If tickets are still available for a performance, holders of the BundestheaterCARD only have the option of buying these tickets (max. 4 tickets per CARD and performance) at the flat price of € 49 on the day before the performance from 3 p.m.
These tickets are available from ticket offices (Monday to Friday → 8 a.m - 9 p.m. , Saturday / Sunday / holiday → 9 a.m. - 12 a.m.)
The box office in the foyer of the Vienna State Opera, and the information office in the arcades (Monday to Friday → 9 a.m. to one hour before the performance begins, Saturday → 9 - 5 p.m.)
Information on availability at wiener-staatsoper.at.